Previous Entry Share Next Entry
36th Harvest - [Video]
have you been naughty or nice?
lastminutestuff wrote in thewake_rp
IF ANYONE IS AVAILABLE, DANA TAN IS IN NEED OF MEDICAL ASSISTANCE, IMMEDIATELY. WE ARE BY THE NORTHERN GATE. I WILL KEEP THE AREA CLEAR AS WELL AS I CAN.

((OOC: Shortly after this mess))
Tags:

  • 1
Just a moment!

[While he hops in his jeep!]

YOUR HASTE IS MOST APPRECIATED, HAKKAI.

It's nothing. Please, try to keep her stable until I arrive.

[VRROOOOOM away he goes why do I have no Jeep icons.]

[No idea, but Hakkai will have to take Death for a ride some time.]

[Ask him again when the Jeep isn't an ambulance.]

[Speaking of which, he's there momentarily. Despite being all the way in the West.]

[Action] At Dana's camp

[Dana's lying on a sleeping bag under a bus-stop-like shelter, looking pale, breathing shallow. She hasn't improved, and the reason why might be tied to the still-visible shimmer of a shield around the nearby gate.]

[Death hovers near her....Literally. He glances between the girl and the barrier, or rather for things that might come towards the barrier.

The bodies of the darkspawn he's already dealt are but black smears on the ground.
]

[The Jeep squeals to a halt in a cloud of dust. Where the dust comes from, who knows? Hakkai just expects there to be dust when he stops Jeep, and, with Bending the way it is, dust simply appears.]

[He hops out, and hurries over. Apparently, the six-foot skeleton is less important a thing to bother with than the injured woman.]


Can you tell me what happened?

[Seven feet, actually- but who's counting. Death looks towards the vehicle at its approach, and he turns as Hakkai approaches, leading him towards the girl.]

SHE HAS SUSTAINED NO PHYSICAL INJURY THAT I CAN SEE, BUT SHE'S BEEN SEVERELY WEAKENED.

[Dana's pulse is weak, and she doesn't react to Hakkai's arrival at all.]

[Here, guys, have a speedster!]

By what? How do we help her?

I see. Without any physical trauma, I'm not certain how best to proceed... short of restoring the --

[He looks up at the sudden arrival, before turning back to the comatose young woman.]

-- lost strength and energy. Normally, I would suggest rest, and fluids... but we don't have time for that, do we?

NOT AT ALL. SHE ALSO CONTINUES TO MAINTAIN THE SHIELD.

[He lifts his head, glancing at Wally in acknowledgment.]

IF WE CAN PERSUADE HER TO DROP HER EFFORTS, THIS WILL MAKE THINGS MUCH EASIER.

... Or perhaps if someone else took over the job for her. It might be simpler, since we can't be sure she's capable of hearing us.

VERY WELL. DRIFT HAS ALSO OFFERED TO TAKE OVER ONCE HE ARRIVES.

Edited at 2012-05-24 06:39 am (UTC)

[Wally nods. Drift will do it right, that's for sure. But in the meantime, Dana needs help now.]

Okay. How do I take over without hurting her?

I would assume you simply impose your own will on hers. Not as an attack, but as a form of support.

I THINK THAT MIGHT WORK BEST. THEN PERHAPS EASE THE TASK AWAY FROM HER FROM THERE.

Okay... I can handle that.

[He closes his eyes- not like it makes a difference, but it makes him feel better- and stretches his will to mix his Bending with Dana's and ease the strain onto himself]

[The change isn't very obvious at first, but Wally, or anyone watching for Bending, could probably sense that her will over the shield lifts. As it does, her breathing gets closer to normal and her pulse strengthens. She doesn't wake up, though.]

Better.

I could attempt to restore her energy, with a transference. With Bending as simple as it is, lately, it shouldn't be terribly bothersome.

LESS TALKING, MORE DOING, PERHAPS.

[Death's slipped out the lifetimer again, giving it a critical look.]

Ah--! Yes! Of course.

[And without further ado, he gathers his own energy. It takes far less effort than usual, and, quickly, the healing glow transfers from his hands to the woman in question.]

[Deeper breath, and Dana opens her eyes. They aren't focused on any one person, though.]

I'm... alive? [Her voice is barely a whisper and each word seems forced.]

[gbrfedhjk YES SHE'S AWAKE. Wally grips her hand, though he makes sure to maintain the shield too.]

Yes, you are.

Don't lose your focus!

[Meanwhile, the healer will use his focus to keep a steady flow of energy between himself and the patient. Granted, it takes far less effort than usual, but still. Concentration is needed.]

Everything will be fine. You need to concentrate. Envision yourself whole and healthy as you were.

[Slowly he nods, approvingly, perhaps. The lifetimer vanishes within his robes of absolute darkness once again as he turns his gaze to the three, content to remain silent, a shadow in the background.

A crisis has been averted, and there is nothing more he can do here. Drift is on his way, these two have Dana covered. Death's eyes sweep over them before he once again nods to himself, a decision made.

He steps back-

--and simply isn't.
]

((OOC: Feel free to continue without me~)

[She tries to squeeze Wally's hand back, but no energy for it.]

But- Death- he...

[He was there because she was dying, wasn't he?]

[ghfviulfehdkd because Wally's already heading over there]

[Nothing personal, Death, but any time you're involved, it's not a good thing.]

Dana. What happened?

[Rough translation: who do I kill?]

[Give him a break, he was just passing through!]

WHEN I CAME UPON HER, SHE WAS NEARLY UNCONCIOUS. HER STRENGTH IS NEARLY COMPLETELY DRAINED, AND YET SHE WILL NOT LET THE SHIELD FALL.

[He doesn't blame you for the whole, you know, killing him and all. He's done the same to himself, after all. Just...not really having positive associations.]

Do you need someone there to hold the shield?

[Because, yeah, when it comes to medical stuff? He's pretty useless.]

[If that were brought up, Death would be quite hurt. He doesn't kill, thank you very much.]

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF THE SHIELD, THEN THAT WILL BE OF GREAT SERVICE TO US.

[Drift doesn't want to talk about his Least Finest Moment Ever, either.]

Do I need to be by the North Gate?

[If so he's on his way.]

YES. WE WILL BE HERE.

On my way.

Just...take care of Dana.

[He nods.]

WE WILL DEFINITELY SEE TO HER.

Miss Dana! Is she alright? Does she have help? What happened? Who did this to her?!

CALM DOWN, SANJI.

CURRENTLY, HAKKAI AND WALLY HAVE ARRIVED TO ASSIST. DANA HAS BEEN DRAINED OF HER ENERGY, BUT SHE STILL LIVES.

[Sanji's shoulders slumped a little in relief, then he straightened up again.] WHO did this to her? Why!?

THERE WAS NO ONE PRESENT WHEN I ARRIVED. YET THE WHY SHOULD BE OBVIOUS ENOUGH- SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE PROTECTING THE WAY TO KALLISTE.

.. Shit! Could it have been that fucking traitor that killed Lady Neriae, or do we have another traitor, here?! Damn it...

[Video] /LATE BUT CATCHING UP

Dana--she's being taken care of?

[Caesar's worried, but he's seen the other messages. He normally doesn't read/listen to/watch others' conversations, but this is a case where it was necessary.]

Edited at 2012-05-24 08:08 pm (UTC)

YES, WALLY AND HAKKAI ARE HERE, AND DRIFT IS ON HIS WAY.

...HOW ARE THINGS OVER ON YOUR END...?

Good. If she's being taken care of, then I'll stay with those in Kalliste.

As good as they can be, I suppose. Dib is taking Holiday's death particularly hard.

[He nods solemnly.]

DO WHAT YOU CAN WHERE YOU ARE. THINGS WILL BE HANDLED AS THEY CAN, HERE.

  • 1
?

Log in